I’ve been continuing to poke at the ReferURL.net URL shortening service I run. Recently I’ve added the following new features:
- The biggest change is the new bookmarklet. Instead of redirecting you away from the page you are viewing, it overlays a modal dialog giving you your results. Please delete your old bookmarklet and bookmark the new one to gain this feature.
- Accessing a ReferURL in an email or tweet is now much faster. The 1-2 seconds saved will improve the impression your ReferURL leaves on your readers.
- Enter an Amazon URL and ReferURL will return a shorter Amaon URL in addition to a ReferURL. Thus, http://www.amazon.com/jQuery-Cookbook-Solutions-Examples-Developers/dp/0596159773/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1292044752&sr=8-1 is now offered to you as http://amzn.com/0596159773 as well as http://referurl.net/3568 .
- Also, ReferURL does the same for eBay auction links.
- Email from the ReferURL result page. Just click under Mail It!, and the ReferURL is placed in a new email message for you (this opens the new message in your local Outlook, Mail.app, Thunderbird, or other configured default).
I like using ReferURL.net a lot better now, and I hope you do as well.